FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Home (Domiciliary) Care?
Care workers visit a client's home on an agreed basis to provide care and/or support tasks.
They can fulfill personal care and general household duties. The level of care provided varies, depending on the individual needs and agreed care package. It can range from general companionship and housekeeping to high dependency, intensive personal care.
- Do I have a say in my Care Package?
Yes! At every opportunity we will involve you in all aspects of your care package, ensuring we meet your unique and specific needs
- Do you agency check references?
Yes, we make sure we check all references possible before employing any staff.
- Do you carry out Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (previously CRB checks)?
Yes, we carry out an enhanced DBS check on all of our staff.
- What training and supervision do you provide to staff?
All our carers are trained to a minimum qualification in NVQ 2 Health and Social Care.
- Who will be responsible for insurance?
Care 24 is responsible for insurance, We are covered up to £10 million on Employers Liability, Public & Product, Medical Practice and
Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Is there any out-of-hours or emergency contact if needed?
Yes, we have an emergency contact on call number available 24 hours a day 7 days a week even on public holidays.
- Will you be able to provide staff if my own care worker is ill or away?
Care 24 will make sure there is a cover care worker if your care worker is ill or away.